If you have never experienced a deep tissue massage, you are missing out. Massage has been lauded as having numerous holistic health benefits, to both body and soul, and is an excellent way to speed healing after an injury or strain. Visit local massage practitioners to determine the best approach for your distinct needs, whether you are looking to improve flexibility during training or simply looking for a healthy way to unwind and de-stress.
Five reasons why you should schedule your massage today are:
1. It is a very relaxing experience. A deep tissue massage is a very relaxing and enjoyable experience. If you feel pain or discomfort during your massage, you should immediately let your practitioner know. It is not uncommon for some to experience mild muscle soreness after a deep tissue treatment, particularly if it is your first massage.
2. It can relieve pain. The benefits of deep tissue massage extend to pain relief, as it can improve and help with flexibility. With regular treatments, you can recover after injury faster and feel more like engaging in your own exercises and physical therapy to further speed healing. Anyone with chronic pain, such as fibromyalgia or other conditions, may find massage to be a valuable addition to their current health regimen.
3. It detoxifies the body. Deep tissue massage releases toxins, particularly acids from around your joints and muscles. It is important to drink lots of water after treatment, which helps to flush these toxins out of the body after they are released. This can also help you experience less soreness or stiffness after waking or following a strenuous workout.
4. It helps improve flexibility and range-of-motion. Deep tissue works the muscles and joints of your body, which can help increase flexibility and improve your range-of-motion. This can be especially useful for athletes, seniors, or individuals who are recovering from an injury.
5. It can help lower your blood-pressure. The relaxing nature of a deep tissue massage and the pleasure it provides can impact your blood pressure and heart-rate, too. Many find that after a massage, their diastolic and systolic blood-pressure is lower which can have significant impacts on holistic health and well-being.
Given the numerous health benefits of deep tissue massage, what are you waiting for? These treatments are enjoyable, relaxing, and affordable; check with local therapists and practitioners to find deep tissue treatments in your area. As with any new regimen, let your doctor know of your plan to schedule massage therapy, and enjoy the benefits that this treatment offers!Share
12 August 2016
Going for a first-time massage can be a little intimidating. With so many types of massages available, how do you know what kind you would enjoy the most and what would be most beneficial to you? I can remember my first massage and how I felt walking into the spa for it. I was worried that I was going to do something inappropriate or not get the type of massage that I pictured myself getting. Since then, I have gone for weekly massages and have had every type of massage available to me at the spa that I visit. Read on to learn all about what to expect during your first massage and a short description of each type of massage.